Kelland Environmental Technology Pty Ltd (trading as DiaperRecycle), ACN 633309136 (KET, we, us) is committed to providing a quality service and products to you, and this policy outlines our obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the APPs may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and other information as required, and as requested for example, in the forms on our website.
This Personal Information is obtained mainly via our website www.diaperrecycle.com, and by telephone, email, via our social media platforms Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee the website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our waste service and products to you, providing information to our clients, and marketing.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it. If at any time the reason is not clear to you, you may contact us about it using the Contact Us form on our website.
Some of the reasons why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information are:
- To provide our service or products to you
- To answer questions from you about the service and the products
- To communicate with you, to market our service and products to you, to give you important updates
- To verify identity or address pick-up and delivery information
- To provide website functionality
- To receive payments through a third-party payments service and give refunds
- For internal record keeping, invoicing, and billing
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website
- For marketing, to send you promotional information about us and our service and products, and information about any third parties we think you might be interested in
- To comply with legal obligations or to resolve disputes
- To consider your application to register for the service and to waitlist your details should it be necessary
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
In general we do not require or ask for sensitive information. However, if we do, the sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you.
However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. This might be for example, in the case where a third party purchases the gift of our service or product for you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Examples of who we might disclose our Personal information to are:
- our drivers will need your contact details to ensure we provide the pick-up service and product drop off
- service providers such as freight and delivery partners, design and marketing partners, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem solving providers, marketing providers, advisors and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and related entities
- our existing or potential future agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters should we run a competition
- anyone we transfer our business assets to
- credit reporting agencies, courts, or authorities if you do not pay for our service or products
- authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help us in providing our service, products, information, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties, located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, or other relevant businesses, including those that store data outside Australia
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. We do not, however, guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or by us over the internet.
By giving us your personal information, you consent to us disclosing it outside Australia when a third party we use is based there and acknowledge that we aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal information in line with the APPs.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please access it using your private Log In via our website or contact us in writing via the Contact Us form on our website.
To protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing any requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will need to take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please update it or advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services and products to you in a timely manner.
This Policy may change from time to time and is always available on our website.